What can a business owner learn from a British Sci-Fi show that was derided by many, watched by millions and had wobbly sets?
Actually quite a lot…
The Classic TV Franchise has seen many highs and just as many lows.
From mis-management to mis-steps to terrible creative ideas to ‘Rockstar’ statuses to breaking itself apart.
Every business goes through these same steps at some point or another.
So here is an alternative look at how a successful business can be run with a dose of British Sci-Fi Nostalgia
No matter wether you are a fan or not, this is 200+ pages of ideas, thoughts and strategies that any business owner can learn from.
I’m Marc Ford, Your Best Kept Business Secret, and I’m a Dr Who fan…there said it. This started out as a 20 minute presentation which turned into a podcast, which has now turned into this book. (Volume 1 of 2, btw)
What’s in it?
Here are just some of the Business Lessons that are talked about…
- Test stuff
- Give people a reason ‘why’
- View your competitors as a nemesis
- Recognise the time for change
- No one wants to be the person who follows ‘the guy’, but inevitably it will happen
- Being that person will divide opinion
- When the next generation fails, it’s not the end
- Look at your business and the world around you in equal measure
- Businesses should use emotions in selling and their positioning
- Are you cutting your nose off to spite your face?
- Knowing when to get out
- Doing what you can within a budget is a ‘Golden Rule in Business’
- Moving away from core principles and values is a risk
- If you diversify, make sure you’re spinning the right plates
- There are no such things as new ideas
- If you look flash, make sure the product or service backs it up
- Connect on a personal level with your customers
- Backwards steps are sometimes needed to move forwards
- If you were successful once, going back to something can be a risk
- Colours and Logo’s
- Competition is inspiring
- Ask for help
- If you’re going to be anything in business, it’s be authentic….
…and tons more.
This is a book that will take you forward, back, up, down and sideways in your business all helping you grow you monetise, grow and market your business…perhaps for the next 60 years?!